The Storm
Woohoo!!! The first storm has finally passed!!! I'm so happy lah...the relieve was something of what I felt after completing the BPA presentation way back in year 1 sem 2. Well the storm you might ask?
I'm talking about my working with value presentation this afternoon. For starters, I'm absolutely terrified of public speaking for some reason, maybe I think my voice is somehow a little too err... "lame"? But anyway, what made this presentation so much harder than the BPA one was that this was more of a impromptu session? I remembered my BPA presentation was super reheresed, I spent the entire night scripting my words and then memorising it. Already, after last week's tutorial, I was panicking and was like slowly counting down the days to my "death". You know how the ring the movie potrays your final 7 days of living? It was pretty much like that for me.
By tuesday night, I was unbelievebly stressed, the adrenaline that flowed through my body was super high let alone talk about trying to sleep. I guess when I hit the lunch break at 12pm today (my tutorial was at 1pm), I was almost somehow confined to my fate. I absolutely know that I would screw up somehow in the tutorial presentation.
So finally the hour of reckoning came, and I had to deliver... I took a deep breath and for all or nothing, the words just came out. For some strange reason, I felt a strange calm dawned upon me for the time that I gave my presentation so much so that I fell in a state of relaxation that my Singaporean accent came out and so did the "lahs" too.
I did make a few mistakes though. One I clearly remembered was the one where I portrayed myself as a "female" rather than a male after all my tutorial had like 20 girls and I'm like the only male aside from my tutor? That was quite embarrassing actually. I wasn't quite sure whether the tute got my ideas because no one said anything much or maybe they just haven't read the readings for this week. But yeah...I'm done for the presentation now, onto the 2 essays I need to churn out for next week before this subject is put on cruise control...
I'm talking about my working with value presentation this afternoon. For starters, I'm absolutely terrified of public speaking for some reason, maybe I think my voice is somehow a little too err... "lame"? But anyway, what made this presentation so much harder than the BPA one was that this was more of a impromptu session? I remembered my BPA presentation was super reheresed, I spent the entire night scripting my words and then memorising it. Already, after last week's tutorial, I was panicking and was like slowly counting down the days to my "death". You know how the ring the movie potrays your final 7 days of living? It was pretty much like that for me.
By tuesday night, I was unbelievebly stressed, the adrenaline that flowed through my body was super high let alone talk about trying to sleep. I guess when I hit the lunch break at 12pm today (my tutorial was at 1pm), I was almost somehow confined to my fate. I absolutely know that I would screw up somehow in the tutorial presentation.
So finally the hour of reckoning came, and I had to deliver... I took a deep breath and for all or nothing, the words just came out. For some strange reason, I felt a strange calm dawned upon me for the time that I gave my presentation so much so that I fell in a state of relaxation that my Singaporean accent came out and so did the "lahs" too.
I did make a few mistakes though. One I clearly remembered was the one where I portrayed myself as a "female" rather than a male after all my tutorial had like 20 girls and I'm like the only male aside from my tutor? That was quite embarrassing actually. I wasn't quite sure whether the tute got my ideas because no one said anything much or maybe they just haven't read the readings for this week. But yeah...I'm done for the presentation now, onto the 2 essays I need to churn out for next week before this subject is put on cruise control...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home