Monday, December 1, 2008

Between Worlds

Oh my gosh, it's December already! And before I know it, it will be 2009 already! And give it 2 more months, it will be my 21st...Sigh, sometimes I wish I don't want my 21st to come, I want to stay young forever. But let's leave that topic for another day.

I fell in love with this game called Portal. This game is actually quite old but I saw it on the Xbox 360 marketplace, so I downloaded the trial version. The game Portal is actually a Half-life 2 add-on game, meaning that it is powered by the "Source" engine.

Okay, here's how the game works. Basically, Portal is a mind boggling game, meaning it's a non-violent game so girls can play and enjoy it. The game requires players to get from one point to another. However, getting from point A to point B is not so easy. For example, in order to get to point B, you will have to cross this hole in between, but how do you do it if the hole is too big for you to jump across?

Well Portal gives you this "weapon" that can create well "portals". Okay, elaborating on the above example, let's say there is an existing "portal" at point B, now, shooting the weapon you have at point A will create another "portal", if you go into the "portal" which you had just created, you will arrive at point B. In other words, the portal which you just created links to the portal that is already provided in point B so you can effectively move from point A to point B without moving across the hole. It's just like some sort of teleportation.

Now, what I have just described above is a very simple "puzzle". Of course, there are definitely more challenging "puzzles". I'm just merely introducing the game to you all. The game is overall very funny and cute too, I love the computer's voice.

I hope sweet November has treated you guys well, it's now the time of the year where people relax and rejuvenate, so I hope you guys have a well rested holidays. Enjoy your holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home