On The Far Side Of The Moon Part Two
As I fly across the empty void of space on the far side of the moon, I can't help but think... It's been two days since all communication has been cut from earth. And I'm all alone in my little safe capsule of mine. I heaved a deep sigh. The human race was 4 million miles away from me and I'm just here, all alone in this empty void, sailing across the dark side of the moon.
I looked out from the cockpit of my capsule and saw the stars shining back towards me. Some may have already burned out by now, it's just that I don't know it because light no matter how fast, takes time to reach. I began to type a relatively simple message. Once it was done, instead of facing my satellite to earth, I faced it towards the direction of the stars and beamed the message outward. I must have been crazy because no one would read what's in it anyway, unless there were other intelligent life out there. But even if there were, it would take eons to reach...by then I would have already been returned to the dust...
But if someone or something happened to come across this message, it would know that at some point in the universe's history, someone was in love...
-I can't help but still be in love with you...-
I looked out from the cockpit of my capsule and saw the stars shining back towards me. Some may have already burned out by now, it's just that I don't know it because light no matter how fast, takes time to reach. I began to type a relatively simple message. Once it was done, instead of facing my satellite to earth, I faced it towards the direction of the stars and beamed the message outward. I must have been crazy because no one would read what's in it anyway, unless there were other intelligent life out there. But even if there were, it would take eons to reach...by then I would have already been returned to the dust...
But if someone or something happened to come across this message, it would know that at some point in the universe's history, someone was in love...
-I can't help but still be in love with you...-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home