Saturday, October 25, 2008

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire

Today was good. First of all, I finally know what the magic square game is. And it's so fun... Shame to those who didn't come attend this week's ATA tutorial. Okay let me explain, the magic square game is basically handling costs all across the board. In other words, we had to make this thing called a 8X8cm square which inside has a total of 16 smaller 2x2cm squares. Basically, picture sudoku squares with numbers on it and you get my drift. So yeah, the other rules are a bit difficult to explain but the objective of the game is to cut cost and maximise your profits. At the end of the round, my group made a loss of $2.50 I think. When the round was done, I was like telling may and Celine "okay okay I know how to play already. We'll do better the next round." But there wasn't any next round. Damn, I forgot that Greg the lecturer said that this game only had one round. I was like so sore after that. Maybe that's because I thought that this was one of the economics experiment that I've done which had many rounds in it. I don't understand why people don't like this kind of game...I find it really interesting or maybe I'm just weird.

Met with Dulcie and her friend Jocelyn today for lunch then went back to crash out for a while. Then headed out to Melbourne Central to watch this movie called "Body Of Lies" with my uncle. Oh "Body Of Lies" is so good, I didn't regret watching, it's so my type of movie. Basically, as the title is, the whole movie is about lies, lies and more lies. Literally, all the parties in the movie lied to each other at some point in time, and the ironic thing was even the terrorists themselves were indirectly lied to. The film started off really well in the beginning but if you were going to watch that film expecting action, you'll be disappointed. That's because all of the action happens in the beginning of the film, the remaining part of the film is all talking. And the film is not for the faint hearted, apparently the film's storyline is quite complicated, it took me the whole of the film to get the gist of the story. But once you do, you'll notice the brilliance at how everyone plays everyone out in spectacular fashion.

But look on the bright side, DiCaprio's acting is phenomenal as ever, he's one of my favourite actors ever since stepping out from his Titanic role. So if you like, terrorists, espionage, realism, backstabbing, this is the movie for you.




-No one is innocent. - (Ed Hoffman)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeremy the Guard,

Alamak, more *England* errors to deal with, as follows:-

"...it's so fun... Shame *to* those who didn't come attend..."

The correct phrase is "shame on", not "shame to".

"...objective of the game is to cut *cost* and maximise your..."

Missing a "s" for the "cost".

"...telling *may* and Celine..."

Names must begin with capital letters. *SHING!* *SLASH!*

"...the title *is*, the whole movie is about..."

Should be "goes", not "is".

"...film expecting action, *you'll* be disappointed..."

The previous clause in the sentence is in past tense, so this word should be "you'd", not "you'll".

The correction of other minor errors (but still technically errors) like punctuation mistakes have been skipped over.

With regards
ONG Eng Ju Turkey
Your Baldy Uncle

November 4, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home