Alone (Wednesday)
Within a blink of an eye, it's Wednesday again. The dreaded day is here once again. No doubt I have this day free of school but this marks the day where I will be spending my time in solitude. This is the day where breakfast, lunch and dinner will be spent alone. Well, I guess maybe I'm not alone in this world in facing this feeling, I'm sure many people also experience this feeling but it goes unreported because it occurs behind closed doors. But to those who have people staying with them (even people that you're not close with), you should treasure that at least you have someone to talk to. Well, let's recount what my Wednesdays are like:
It starts off with waking up at noon. Prepare a light breakfast before going to the net to check on some news (maybe blog if I have something to share during that time), do this until close to 2pm and I'll make myself lunch. After lunch, I finish up my tute work due on Friday since I want to keep my Thursday afternoons free. This takes up the whole afternoon and by the time I finish my tute work, it's almost like 6pm. I go have a bath, get changed and go out to grab dinner probably somewhere nearby. I have dinner back home and probably watch Fringe too. Dilly dally for a while and before long it's time to go to bed. That's basically my Wednesday. No conversation for the whole day except maybe if ordering my food (if you count that as conversation).
So yeah, Wednesdays...sure is lonely on that day. But I don't know, it seems like everyday is soon going to be a Wednesday. I'm not as excited in going to uni anymore like in sem one. Everyday, when I see people, it's just merely a formality and I end up sitting at one side like a wallpaper. I guess maybe my services are no longer required and I have to move on. But where to go? I feel like a wondering asteroid travelling across the empty blankness of space hoping to be caught by the gravity of a stable star system someday. But at least I know it's not today...
-God gave me the universe, but what's it without you?-
It starts off with waking up at noon. Prepare a light breakfast before going to the net to check on some news (maybe blog if I have something to share during that time), do this until close to 2pm and I'll make myself lunch. After lunch, I finish up my tute work due on Friday since I want to keep my Thursday afternoons free. This takes up the whole afternoon and by the time I finish my tute work, it's almost like 6pm. I go have a bath, get changed and go out to grab dinner probably somewhere nearby. I have dinner back home and probably watch Fringe too. Dilly dally for a while and before long it's time to go to bed. That's basically my Wednesday. No conversation for the whole day except maybe if ordering my food (if you count that as conversation).
So yeah, Wednesdays...sure is lonely on that day. But I don't know, it seems like everyday is soon going to be a Wednesday. I'm not as excited in going to uni anymore like in sem one. Everyday, when I see people, it's just merely a formality and I end up sitting at one side like a wallpaper. I guess maybe my services are no longer required and I have to move on. But where to go? I feel like a wondering asteroid travelling across the empty blankness of space hoping to be caught by the gravity of a stable star system someday. But at least I know it's not today...
-God gave me the universe, but what's it without you?-

1 Comments:
Dear Jeremy the Guard,
Okay, at least this time didn't have any *England* mistakes. *SHING!* *SLASH!*
However, it should be clear to you by now that if you are not a useful person, then you will be a lonely person. While it is somewhat true that no man is an island, perhaps it is more true to say that no *useless* man is an island. *SHING!* *SLASH!*
With regards
ONG Eng Ju Turkey
Your Baldy Uncle
Post a Comment
<< Home