Saturday, October 18, 2008

It Just Has To Be Perfect

Today sure is a hot day with the temperature at 31 degrees as I was told. But guess what, I'm chilling out with a white chocolate mocha frappachino next to me and loving it. It's countdown time now with only three weeks left till exams and I still haven't touched my lecture notes yet, goodness. Instead, I'm still guiltily going shopping at this time with exams drawing nearer. And of all the times, why now!? I'm so regretting the shirt I bought from Guess Jeans a week ago because there's a much better white shirt at FCUK now (apparently it just came out I think because I didn't see it last week). And goodness gracious me, when I walked in to Armani Exchange, boy didn't I want to come out. So many lovely stuff down there ('lovely' price too). Ahh...I can just feel the temptation. I'm so going to help the economy after the exams!

Anyway, as my post title suggest, I've just realised that I'm quite a perfectionist. In other words, when a perfectionist is given a task, the end result that the perfectionist pictures in their head has to be the real end result too, nothing else will do. Basically, no matter what I do, I have to do it well regardless of the circumstances. Why suddenly this idea? Well, apparently today was printing lecture notes day, so I was going about printing my lecture notes as usual. When next week's ATA lecture notes was printed, I took a look at it and found out that the printing was a bit lop-sided. Otherwise all was okay, there were no printing smudges whatsoever. Without batting an eye-lid, I tore and threw 5 premium grade paper away because the printing was lop-sided.

Well, the lop-sidedness wasn't really that obvious such that a person will have trouble reading it straight, it was just a little bit. But to me, it kind of looks ugly, although I just can't explain why. Similar events have happened before like me reprinting the whole document again just after adding one word etc. So yeah, a small event but nevertheless worth sharing. It just has to be perfect.


-Don't Worry, Your Imperfectness Is What is Perfect In My Eyes.-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jeremy the Guard,

Bah, so much for perfection — there are *England* errors in this post, so here we go again...

"...*many* lovely stuff down there..."

"stuff" cannot be counted, so the word in the '*' marks needs to be changed to "much".

"...as my post title *suggest*, I've just realised..."

"suggest" must have a 's' if you use it in this kind of grammar, so the correct word would be "suggests".

Arguably, it would be okay to junk the paper if you had already printed it lopsided on both sides. The only time when you can't junk it is when the othe side is still blank. Then you have to use it for rough paper. *SHING!* *SLASH!*

With regards
ONG Eng Ju Turkey
Your Baldy Uncle

October 22, 2008 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Shoot the turkey said...

fat load of that that's gonna do.

October 23, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home