Monday, December 22, 2008

Money Not Enough

I'm sure by now, all of you are very familiar with this word, 'bailout.' It needs no explanation on what has happened during these past few months. With the financial crisis in full swing, many consumers are keeping their wallets shut this Christmas and New Year. And the evidence? Just take a look at this year's sale. I've got to be honest, I've been shopping hard this weekend and in all good reason too. That's because unlike previous end of year sales, this year's sale is rather I would say, good.

My reason? Well apparently the bad bad "R" word the economists, politicians and the like tell us apparently deterred consumers or I would say Singaporeans to stay away from the activity that they like to do best. I don't know what many of you think but I find sales a huge gimmick. That's because sales is nicer word to replace 'clearance'. So basically all you find is the outgoing season's fashion, those sizes that don't fit or the wrong types of colours. Yet, many people still make a beeline for these types of events. Of course, I'm not saying that sales are a gimmick, you might find good deals there if you're lucky. But usually, hard to please people like me just end up disappointed.

So, anyway, I went to check up a few outlets. Armani Exchange, Calvin Klein Jeans, G-star, Top man just to name a few and boy was I shock that not only the saleable items look nice but they also have my size. I was browsing a few other items also and found that most of the stores have reduced their actual price. For example, a decent Top man collar shirt used to cost about $43 but now it's reduced to $39. Pretty good bargain. So yeah, looks like there's indeed something to cheer about this festive season. So, while the whole world moans about its lost funds, those that have kept theirs secured (people like me) are gleeing in the midst of all these gloom. As the saying goes, one man's lost is another man's gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home