a valuable lesson
Today was just one of those shitty sweet day. First up, I came out of Corporate Finance exam feeling 'nauseous' - the kind of feeling you know where you'll wake up one day lying in a pool of blood, your blood. Well, I had this feeling before, that was way back after I came out of Business Finance and Derivative Securities mid-semester, so no strange feeling there. Usually, when faced with this kind of feeling, I usually just go back home and sulk till I get tired and go to bed and sleep.
But hey, guess what. Someone decided to stick around and we ended up at my friend's place. From there on, I guess things started looking brighter for me. So suddenly, from the most low down of my life, I went on a high very fast. Sigh, the topics of boy-girl relationships, the most happening and boring of couples. The good looking and the...not so good looking. Sure, as they say 'love is blind.' But the topic wasn't the most important thing. It was the moment. Because I know for certain, the moment will never come along again when a particular someone finally blushes hehe...
But jokes aside. Today also taught me another valuable lesson. That grades didn't matter after all (hey I'm Singaporean after all). I'm not saying that we can just slack off and don't study but the point is, relationships ain't worth destroying because of competition. I guess one of the not so good points about me is that I engage in destructive behaviour if things aren't going my way. I'm a pessimist by nature - I tend to look at the bottle in an half empty world. Honestly speaking, I would probably manage just a pass for the Corporate Finance Mid-semester exam. But truth be told, getting H1s in everything doesn't put you in the spotlight for long. People will just congratulate you and move on with their lives. There is no such thing as a world where people blow trumpets and sing praises to your name in a happily ever after ending...
So, suck it up Jeremy and move on...
PS: I still like the blush though. It was nice and pink... :)

2 Comments:
Ah yes, so long you've done your best! As you said, mid-sem isn't the best gauge of your understanding anyway! See who shined in Business Finance finals! But yea, exams are just one chapter of one small part of your life, so if you've done your best, so be it! :D
Yesterday's "One, twoooooooo, THREE!!!... EH WHY YOU DIDN'T SAY YES OR NO!" game was truly memorable, we must continute that game...
So i agree with everything you said except the blush. You do know farm people's skin are more subceptible to sudden blood rushes right?
*Continue
*susceptible
Apologies for the spelling mistakes - too big to go unnoticed. Later you think all farm ppl are "gong" ppl.
Post a Comment
<< Home