superstition
As I wait for my laundry to dry and after making the rather lazy decision to skip gym for today, I thought I might as well do something productive like blogging as my laundry is drying at the moment.
As it happened just now, today's topic happened to be superstition. Well, it so happened that I discovered that I needed one more extra dollar for laundry since now the college square laundromat now cost an increased price of $3 instead of $2. So, what was the natural thing to do? Of course, go to the coin machine to change for more $1 coins right? That's what I did. But the funny thing was the machine didn't want to 'eat' my note no matter how many times I flipped the note. Up, down, left, right, centre - no go. By the time I gave up, there had been rather quite a long queue behind me. So I gave them a chance and to try and to my relief, the machine refused to accept any single note.
I did when to the reception to complain but the stupid ass lady just told me 'try harder'. Yeah right, as if my **** can even fit in. So, by the time, I was quite desperate already. I didn't have the last dollar anywhere that I could think of except one place...
To those who have been to my apartment before and have been observant, there is a note signing off from 'the neighbour who lives near the garbage room'. If you have been even more observant, you'll notice that there is a $1 coin attached to the note. Well, for personal reasons, I shan't disclose what is inside that note. All I knew was that I needed a $1 coin, and fast. Although it was the last coin which I really needed, I had a very strong resistance against using the coin.
I was pacing madly around the room trying to think of alternatives but to no avail. But finally, logic came upon me and I had to carefully unattached the coin from the note (I realised after all this time that there was bluetack between the note and the coin). The decision I made was a painful one to me. After all, the coin came from a 'her.' Plus, she isn't exactly here anymore which makes it all the more precious.
Oh well, I never really considered myself to be superstitious. But somehow, I always refrained from using the coin until now. I don't know actually. I tend to have a habit of keeping things that are of sentimental value to me although it's clearly a utility item. But yeah, I swear to replace another $1 coin to at least convince myself that the note still remains complete. Superstitious? You tell me.

2 Comments:
This isn't considered superstitious alright, sounds more like being sentimental to me, which isn't a bad thing really... lol
awww.... i wouldn't have used that too! can't your laundry wait for another day? XD
Post a Comment
<< Home