Wednesday, May 13, 2009

of the feminist

Woah, apparently today's Working with Value topic was emotionally or should I say 'genderly' charged. This week's topic was discussing about the role of women and how they interact within the four walls of the modern 'economic institutions'. Basically, the underlying discussion was about whether women were actually 'free' from their so-called traditional roles of mothering and doing domestic housework and so forth since there are now more 'choices' available to them in this modern economic world.

So I don't know how but basically the whole tutorial topic shifted into the rights of women and how women were still being oppressed by men... and apparently I was the only male student (besides my tutor) that was present in the classroom. So yeah, this time there were quite a number of 'discussion' as my female counter-parts had really something to say about this topic. One particular girl got quite how should we say - 'passionate' in her discussion on why Australia should have paid maternity leave.

Personally, I honestly didn't know where to put my head. It was as if...all the females in the classroom were going to vent their 'passion' on me after the tute haha. But yeah, I guess this is worth noting down since I think many females themselves are quite 'unskilled and unaware' of this. Sorry about being sexist down here but I think it's true to a certain extent. Gosh, now I'm the one being 'passionate' about this otherwise feminine subject...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home