The Tribe Has Spoken
Okay, I don't know whether I'm that stressed or not but I had another dream of the same nature last night. Well sort of. Except this time I didn't wake up crying. The dream was kind of weird as usual. This time it's set in a survivor setting (must have watched too much survivor when I was young). Basically, the setting was like the one at tribal council where the contestants sat around in front of a bond fire to vote one tribal member out of the team. Yeah, instead of a group of people sitting around a bond fire this time, I was the only member seated down there. Then there was the survivor host Jeff. Before I know it, Jeff said "we now bring in the 9 members of the jury" and instantly, one by one all the 9 jury came out in a single file. The nine of them walked out and took their seats opposite from me.
The funny thing about all the 9 people playing jury is that they're all my friends from uni (I'm not going to name the 9 people). Freaky. Next Jeff the host said "we've gathered here to vote in relation to your (he pointed at me) situation now." In my mind, I was like thinking, "what situation?" But in a second I knew what this whole tribal council was about.
Jeff asked the jury to approach one by one to ask me one question each. So the first person came down from the steps and asked me the first question. The first question was "what is it about her that caught your eye?" Immediately, I was taken aback by the question and I replied "I don't know." Apparently my friend was satisfied with that answer and walked off and the next person came down and repeated the steps.
Throughout the process, the 9 jury asked me a whole wide range of questions which were either really serious or plain outrageous. I remember a particular friend of mine came down and asked me which one do I want: her or red alert 3? Even better, another friend came down and instead of asking a question, said "I feel sad for you Jeremy."
So after the question process was done, Jeff said, "the jury is going to vote on whether they believe you should fight on," before uttering the most famous words of survivor, "it's time to vote." And one by one all my friends went to vote. When all of them finished, Jeff went to collect the jar. He opened the jar and started reading the votes.
Apparently, the votes were evenly matched. For every vote that voted a "yes", there was a "no". Well since there were nine people, there was bound to be a clear answer. At the point when it was 4 votes "for" and 4 "against", when Jeff was reaching into the jar to pick up the last vote, I woke up to find my whole body pulsating with adrenaline.
Phew, I really didn't want to hear him say the phrase, "the tribe has spoken."
The funny thing about all the 9 people playing jury is that they're all my friends from uni (I'm not going to name the 9 people). Freaky. Next Jeff the host said "we've gathered here to vote in relation to your (he pointed at me) situation now." In my mind, I was like thinking, "what situation?" But in a second I knew what this whole tribal council was about.
Jeff asked the jury to approach one by one to ask me one question each. So the first person came down from the steps and asked me the first question. The first question was "what is it about her that caught your eye?" Immediately, I was taken aback by the question and I replied "I don't know." Apparently my friend was satisfied with that answer and walked off and the next person came down and repeated the steps.
Throughout the process, the 9 jury asked me a whole wide range of questions which were either really serious or plain outrageous. I remember a particular friend of mine came down and asked me which one do I want: her or red alert 3? Even better, another friend came down and instead of asking a question, said "I feel sad for you Jeremy."
So after the question process was done, Jeff said, "the jury is going to vote on whether they believe you should fight on," before uttering the most famous words of survivor, "it's time to vote." And one by one all my friends went to vote. When all of them finished, Jeff went to collect the jar. He opened the jar and started reading the votes.
Apparently, the votes were evenly matched. For every vote that voted a "yes", there was a "no". Well since there were nine people, there was bound to be a clear answer. At the point when it was 4 votes "for" and 4 "against", when Jeff was reaching into the jar to pick up the last vote, I woke up to find my whole body pulsating with adrenaline.
Phew, I really didn't want to hear him say the phrase, "the tribe has spoken."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home