Tuesday, December 21, 2010

the tale of goodbyes

Saying goodbye is always the hard part. I may be strong, but at the end of it all, I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness. Tonight is my ever last night in Melbourne. Don't know when I'll be back again. Could be as early as next month...or never at all. Nevertheless, the journey to where I am was definitely painful, uncertain but in all, fun.

Throughout my university life, I've encountered all sorts of people of all weird, wonderful and intriguing personalities. From the downright cockster kind to the ones which you could just stare and marvel - I've seen it all. From the lousiest first year to the high point of my third year (okay, maybe not so high, because 2nd year 2nd sem was the best!), I've experienced it all. From the lousiest of friends to the best of friends, I had them all. And from the most hated guy to the girl who stole my heart on a flutter, I've felt it all...

Tonight is my turn to say goodbye to Melbourne - both in life and death. As I mentioned before, saying goodbye is hard. But it's not the goodbye that is the hardest to face but the fact that we may not be ourselves ever again. Will my friends remember me 10 years from now? Or rather, I should say, will I remember them 10 years from now? Although there are some people whom I'm relieved that I will never cross paths with again in this lifetime, there are some whom I can't help but shed a tear that I may not see them for a long long time...But trust me, this is not the end of me. Yet.

Anyway, to all those of you who stepped into my life in Melbourne, I just want to say to you all, thanks for all the memories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home