Tuesday, September 22, 2009

landing back in style

I'm back in Singapore. Well for two days already at least. The past two days have been rather busy and I didn't actually bothered coming online. But first, I must say, I landed back to Singapore in style. I sat business class back and I was lucky to sit on the upper deck where there were like very few people sitting. On top of that, I managed to catch a glimpse of the cockpit of the plane which is the first in my life since I had never seen how a plane's cockpit looks like. It was really cool, the cockpit had lots of complicated buttons.

So believe or not, I was actually the first passenger on that upper deck itself. I was greeted by all the business class air stewards and stewardess (very honoured man). Even before I took my seat, they were already tending to me, asking me what drink I want, and where to put my bag. One thing I found out about the upper deck is that, there are customized made small luggage compartments at the window areas. Since I was sitting at the window area and I wasn't carrying much luggage with me, I opted to put my bag at one of these small little compartments. Cool stuff.

Soon, the upper deck began to fill. And I realised that I'm the only student sitting on the upper deck (or sitting business class perhaps). The rest of the passengers were all ang mohs and some of them were, I'm sure, business executives themselves. Even the air stewardess got a bit confused on how to address me. The ride back was really good, I had a three course meal consisting of an appetizer, a main course (steak) and dessert (apple sorbet) plus refreshments.

So all that was on Sunday. Last night, my mum took me and my dad to watch Il Divo live. I didn't know the group was in town. Anyway, they were quite good actually although half the time they were singing their songs in a foreign language.

And of course today, I just simply gorged down my Singaporean food. I had chicken rice for lunch, kaya bread and teh-c for tea. What a start for my spring break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home