Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tampiness One

I finally went to my first shopping centre after touching down last Friday. Apparently, I went to Tampiness One, the shopping mall which opened when I was slogging it out in Melbourne. I went to this mall firstly because it was new but more importantly it had this japanese shop called Uniqlo which is the first ever to be opened in Singapore. When I reached the mall and shop, I was quite surprised that the shop was quite big actually. Uniqlo is basically a Japanese retail shop just like Bossini or Giordano except that it is more upmarket. The brand focused heavily on bright coloured clothing. In other words, they had many plain shirts, pants and the like but all in different colours, something like the Japanese version of American Apparel.

To be honest, I was quite disappointed actually because I expected Uniqlo to be more Topmanish? That was more of my fashion sense actually. Nevertheless, I bought a light blue shirt and two pairs of socks. I then thronged the mall itself and was quite amazed. The mall had different segments on different levels. For example, the clothing and fashion retail shops were on the second floor while the sports shops were on the third floor. Furthermore, the mall had really conducive coffee joints. A good place to sit down for a coffee and chat with friends or blog? Oh yes, I was also pleasantly surprised of the number of Japanese shops at Tampiness One itself. It marks the entrance of the Japanese entering the Singapore market considering the fact that the Japanese have long been unable to break through the small saturated Singapore retailing market. Maybe it's time? We shall soon see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home